In this episode, we tackle the practice of creating, maintaining, and pursuing a bucket list (life goals, dreams list, etc.) “You don’t have to retire to live your dreams!”
A bucket list is simply a list of places you want to go, things you want to do, or something you want to accomplish, and they don’t have to break the bank. Several of our bucket list items haven’t cost us anything. Your dreams don’t have to be impossible to do or accomplish, they just need to be something you have yet to do or accomplish.
Each year, we try to accomplish at least one of our bucket list items and we use our annual planning getaway to decide which ones we will pursue. You can go back and listen to Episode 012 and 013 to hear how we do our annual planning as a couple.
1. Set a time to come up with your list.
- Use these four categories as the lens for your bucket list:
- Family (relationships)
2. Share it with someone. (If you’re married, this should be your spouse)
3. Schedule or plan which ones you will pursue this year.
4. Review it annually to add or remove goals you accomplished or no longer want to pursue.
The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson