I made a goal in 2023 to read 25 books. I ended up reading 27. Here are my top 10 (in no particular order)
1. Praying Like Monks, Living Like Fools by Tyler Staton
2. The Awe of God by John Bevere
3. Comeback Churches by Ed Stetzer and Mike Dodson
4. Lead by Paul David Tripp
5. Don’t Hold Back by David Platt
6. Gay Girl, Good God by Jackie Hill Perry
7. Born Again This Way by Rachel Gilson
8. What’s So Amazing About Grace by Phillip Yancey
9. At Your Best by Carey Nieuwhof
10. Doing Life With Your Adult Children by Jim Burns
Does The Bible Support Same-Sex Marriage? By Preston Sprinkle
Necessary Endings by Henry Cloud
Is God Anti-Gay? by Sam Allberry
Young, Restless, and No Longer Reformed by Austin Fischer
The Life Giving Leader by Tyler Reagin
Each year, I try to read a good mix of spiritual development, leadership development, ministry-theology development, and personal development.
I also try and be intentional about reading some books I may not agree with or that will stretch my current belief or place in life.
While most of the books I read are not like that, I want to make sure at least one or two have the potential to challenge my current beliefs. Doing this is the only way to deepen the foundation of what I believe and why.
Did you read any books this year?
What were your favorites?