Cheyenne Day of Giving is coming up on Friday, May 12th (2017) at the Kiwanis Community House in Lions Park. This is a non-profit organization, led by Cheyenne congregations and supported by local business and community groups. The focus is to provide opportunities for people in Cheyenne to come together and serve those who are physically sick or financially disadvantaged.
To be a part of this event you can drop off non-perishable food, personal care items, and craft items to be sorted and donated to local charities.
- Donate food items such as pasta, peanut butter, cereal, boxed meals, and canned goods.
- Donate personal care items such as regular and trial-size shampoo, conditioner, and lotion; razors, toothbrushes and toothpaste, bar soap, deodorant, and diapers.
- Donate craft items such as scrapbooking supplies, stamps, ink, paper, markers, beads, and kits.
- Make a cash donation to their year-round effort. Click on the “donate” button on their web-site and the money you send will go directly towards helping purchase items for our agencies.
- Drop off unused prescription medications for donation to the Wyoming Medication Donation Program.
- Donate gently used durable medical equipment to Wyoming Independent Living for use by clients who need such items and cannot afford them on their own.
- Donate gently used durable medical equipment to GoodHealthwill for use by clients who need such items and cannot afford them on their own.
- Cannot accept large items such as hospital beds and chairs because of limited storage space.
- Call Doug at Wyoming Independent Living, 637-5127, for more information.
- Donate used prescription eyeglasses and hearing aids to the Lions Club.
- Give blood to help United Blood Services.
- Register as a potential bone marrow donor with the Colorado Marrow Donor Program if you are 18 to 44 years old and in overall good health.
- Register as a potential organ/tissue donor with Donate Life Wyoming.
For all the information regarding Day of Giving and how you can be involved please go to their web-site HERE.